Gypsum False Ceiling
About Gypsum False Ceiling
Gypsum false ceiling is widely used and is the most famous type of ceiling. It is also the best thermal and acoustic insulator. It is lightweight, fire-resistant, soundproof, and inexpensive. It is too flexible and can be shaped any way you like. In this article we have covered all the topics related to Gypsum False Ceiling, so make sure you read the complete article.
About Gypsum Board
Gypsum Board is hydrated calcium sulfate and its quality is ideal for long-term use. They are manufactured at the factory, available in a ready-made form, and assembled on site. They usually come in the form of planks. These planks or boards are then hung from the ceiling or roof with iron or wooden frames. Gypsum Board is versatile and can be used for living rooms, bedrooms, and kitchens.
Using a steel frame as a load-bearing structure, the boards can be hung in any pattern to hide electrical wires or cables. To give the false ceiling a better look the interior designers and decorators recommend wallpaper, royal paint, or the use of lamination.
Types of Gypsum Board
Gypsum Board is the most widely used material for false ceilings due to its many benefits. One of these advantages is the heat resistance of this material. It is built with non-combustible materials containing chemically bound water (in the form of calcium sulfate). There are different companies that manufacture the Gypsum Boards such as Gyproc, Boral, Birla Super. There are different types of Gypsum boards available in the market, some of them are-
- Regular/Standard Gypsum Board
- Fire Resistance Gypsum Board
- Moisture-Resistant (MR) Gypsum board
- Fire and Moisture-Resistant Gypsum Board
- Foil-Backed Gypsum Board
Method / Procedure of Gypsum False Ceiling
The installation procedure for Gypsum Board False Ceiling begins with the labeling work.
When the labeling of the room is finished, L Patti and channels are used to make the ceiling frame. These channels are made of zinc sheets and are usually attached to the ceiling with the help of fasteners.
After the framing work is done then the Gypsum Board is fixed on the frame with the help of screws. But this step requires professional help and the whole procedure can be performed easily and effortlessly.
The boards are available in different sizes and can even be ordered based on specific needs.
Cost of Gypsum False Ceiling in Delhi-NCR
The cost of a false ceiling depends on various factors like the type of design and the type of materials used.
Generally, the cost of Gypsum False ceiling in the Delhi NCR region lies between Rs 80/sq ft to Rs 130/sq ft. Gypsum boards come in different size and thickness. Some of the common sizes are 4×2 and 6×2 feet, and the thickness is 15 mm.
Advantage of Gypsum False Ceiling
Due to less wastage and quick installation, more and more people are preferring Gypsum over other materials. There are several other advantages of Gypsum False Ceiling discussed below-
- Easy to Install– These Gypsum False Ceiling are easy to install and require very less equipment.
- Sound insulation– The biggest advantage of installing Gypsum False Ceiling is that they are completely soundproof and reduces noise levels and therefore creates a quieter environment.
- Fire safety- Gypsum False ceilings provide fire safety as they are fireproof.
- Economical– It is even recognized that these products are economical as they help reduce carbon footprint. It is usually made from recycled items that are considered environmentally friendly.
- Highly flexible– It is even resistant to mold, moisture, mildew, and bacteria. Therefore, it can be used in various rooms with very high moisture content, such as bathrooms. Moreover, it is even quite resistant to twisting.
Disadvantage of Gypsum False Ceiling
- The joints may break if the compound is not filled properly
- The cost of a gypsum board is higher than a single POP bag
- Possibility of cracks around joints due to the small moments that can occur when cutting
- holes for fans, lights, or other accessories.